Background Template

Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Heart.My Home

December 6, 2011
We are settled into our new house, 1109 Westway, Temple, TX.  Our garage is full of open Christmas containers which have been stripped of the items I hold most precious in order to decorate our small home.  I have found many items to be missing… I think I might need to make another run to the old house.
This morning I was eating breakfast and looking around the house.  It is not yet feeling like “my home” and yet I do love it.  However, this morning I was thinking of all of the times I have stayed up until all hours of the night decorating the old house, all alone- just getting excited about the holiday season and the possibility of parties and family gatherings. I remember every year going up the stairs and stopping as I got halfway up the landing and looking over the big living area at the Christmas wonderland I had transformed it to be… and thinking, “Thank you God for this home!  I love it!” Thinking of those this morning was bittersweet.  I did love that house.  I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to live there for as long as I did.  I will miss it.
But I am so grateful that we have found our new home.  It has been such a blessing already.  My prayer today is that my excitement as I look around my home will be the anticipation of spending time face to face with my Lord and Savior; joy in the hours I get to spend with Cody; entertaining my friends and family; and nurturing my grandchildren there! I want this change of homes to also represent a change in my priorities, life-style and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment